Thursday 25 July 2013

Beauty | Rodial Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Mask

I have one last holiday related topic that I need to tell you about, and by "one-last" I mean: there could be more, I just can't think what they are right now.

I am in love with this product!



It's absolutely perfect for taking away with you on holiday as it's super hydrating; great for skin that has been parched on the plane and stripped of moisture from the effects of sun, sea and AC.

I think the "mask" part is a little misleading in the sense that it's not a mask that you put on and remove. You simply pop it onto freshly cleansed skin and let it work it's magic, and the effect is pretty much instantaneous, although using it as your night time hydrator and waking up to plumped up smooth skin the following morning is great too.

I have no idea what "Hyaluronic" or "Dragon's Blood" are so here's an explanation from Red Online:

"Hyaluronic acid, or sodium hyaluronate as it’s also known, has become a serious skincare staple. It’s the body’s own hydrating molecule, able to absorb up to 1000 times its own weight in water and responsible for keeping our skin plump, smooth and supple."

And more info on Dragon's Blood from the Rodial website:

"Dragon’s blood hyaluronic mask contains the Dragon's Blood ingredient. Dragons Blood is sourced from the red sap of the ‘sangre de drago’ tree & works to form a second skin-like protective film on the skin. This  super soothing ingredient protects against environmental damage and contains anti-inflammatory properties to calm stressed skin."

So, there's the science bit sorted. This product is now a firm staple for when my skin is dehydrated and needs a little pick-me-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment