Thursday 3 May 2012

What to wear? Birthday Tea Party

My lovely friend Maria is having a Tea Party to celebrate her big 3-0, fabulous news but what to wear to such an occasion? It's not like an evening party where you can go all-out and get dressed up to the nines, and yet jeans and a top just doesn't seem special enough.


I saw this dress in Topshop the other day and fell in love with the colours. I normally steer well clear of anything with a floral pattern or too many frills (I have a big bust so often flowers and frills can make me look "mumsy"), but thought I would give this dress a chance. 


I've paired it with gladiator sandals to give it an edge, I tried it with heels but it just looked too dressy and over-pretty. I've also got an over-sized cream cardigan for if it's cold - which knowing this country, it probably will be! 






(Dress: Topshop, Cardigan: GAP, Sandals: New Look)



What would you wear to an afternoon tea-party? How do you feel about floral patterns?




No comments:

Post a Comment