Wednesday 2 May 2012

Poolside Pretty - The Results

H'ok, before I went on holiday I promised to review some products for my "poolside pretty" look. The results are in!


Here are the products again:





1. Rimmel London, Glam Eyes Waterproof Mascara in Black (£7.19)
2. Bourjois Paris, 3D Effect Waterproof Gloss (SPF15) in Rose Pacific (£6.99)
3. No7, Stay Perfect Eye Mousse in Vanilla (£9)
4. Rimmel London, Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Black (£3.99)


And here is my poolside make-up:




My favourite product of the four is the Bourjois Lipgloss - love, love, love it! And I will definitely be buying it again. The slight hint of colour was really natural and the gloss itself not too sticky. The SPF15 kept me perfectly protected from the sun. This is a total winner, I give it 5/5.

Next the Rimmel Glam Eyes Waterproof Mascara. This is a great, reasonably priced product. It doesn't give me the most amazing lashes ever, but it does give some volume and definition and the mascara is most definitely sweat proof (lovely!) and water proof. It didn't budge all day but when it came to removing it in the shower, it came off pretty easily with some cleanser. Seeing as I don't often need a waterproof mascara I would buy this again next time I needed one, 4/5.

The Rimmel Waterproof Eye Definer was pretty good too. It's easy to apply, I put some on both my upper and lower lash line. Although it is waterproof, I wouldn't say this product was smudge proof. If you rub your eyes, the eye-liner will move. I usually use a liquid liner so I'm not used to this. But as long as your happy to re-apply a couple of times in the day, this is a great product, it stays put in the pool and that's the main thing, 3/5.

Lastly, the No7 Eye Mousse. Unfortunately, this was a bit of a let down. It doesn't make any claims to be waterproof so that's fine but I found it wasn't at all long-wearing in the sunshine. After I'd been in the sun for 5 mins it had creased and started to wear-off. I will continue to use it back home and see how I get on, but at the moment I'm not sold, 1/5. The hunt for a eye-shadow that will stand up to a bit of water and sweat continues!! 

What make-up do you use on holiday? Any recommendations for me?




No comments:

Post a Comment