Thursday 27 February 2014

Style | Crop Top Conundrum

So the weather is FINALLY looking like it could turn into Spring and my eye keeps getting caught by a certain Spring/Summer Trend.

The Crop Top.

Seriously?! Not something I have worn or purchased since, ooooh I don't know circa. 1997 (Zara S can vouch for my teenage love of a crop top).

Let's just say the Spice Girls have a LOT to answer for.

Image Source: www.rollingstone.com


Now my question is this, as a 31 Year Old (ouch) Woman, can I still wear one?!

Ok, now you've stopped laughing I'll attempt to talk you through my thought process on this one.

I think the answer is in the "How".

Clearly anything with a lot of tummy showing (and belly button) is a big No, No. But there are a lots of looks around at the moment where you rock high-waisted shorts or a skirt, and just a slither of tummy showing.

I hit up Pinterest for some Pinspiration.

Maxi Skirt + Statement Necklace


Stripes + Tulle Skirt

Boho Chic (+ Champagne)

High Ponytail + Blazer


Laid Back Chic + Statement Bag

So, what do you think?

I'm going on the hunt! And I want one exactly like this......



The Crazy Cat Lady lives on! x

No comments:

Post a Comment