Monday 17 February 2014

Food | Gluten Free Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce

It's been a while since I posted a food based blog; I thought I'd bored you all to tears with the 21 days of non-stop food-talk, but apparently not!

I've had quite a few people ask me how I'm doing post-detox, and what my diet looks like these days.

Whilst I'm not going to subject you to an hour-by-hour account of my daily food intake, I like getting creative in the kitchen and a lot of what I make is pretty healthy too, so I thought I could share a few ideas with you. Sound good?

With all the rubbish weather we've been having in the UK lately my body has been craving comfort food. Something warm and tasty was top of the bill last week, so I made an adapted version of this recipe.

Mine is wheat and gluten free so it's good if you're cooking for anyone with food intolerances, and will go a little easier on the tummy even if you aren't!

For mine you will need:

- 4 Chicken Breasts sliced into strips (use the best quality you can afford)
- 1 tablespoon Doves Farm Gluten Free Flour
- 1 x Kallo Organic Chicken Stock Cube (made into 500ml chicken stock)
- 3 cloves of Garlic (crushed/minced)
- 250g Mushrooms (sliced). I used Portabellini but I think Chestnut Mushrooms would be yummy too.
- 1/2 a glass of white wine (about 125ml)
- 2 dessertspoons of creme fraiche
- A handful of chopped fresh parsley

You also need some vegetables to steam and serve alongside. I had Pak Choi and Long-Stem Broccoli to hand. If the idea of having just veggies is too weird for you, a small amount (a couple of heaped spoons) of brown rice won't do you any harm.

And here's what you do. It's super quick and very easy!




1. Get ready! Slice up your mushrooms and crush those garlic cloves. Finely chop a handful of flat leaf parsley. Clear off your board and slice the chicken breasts into strips.



2. Heat a glug of olive oil and a knob of butter in a pan.


3. Coat your chicken strips with a tablespoon of gluten free flour and some salt & pepper.




4. Brown off the chicken strips in the pan until you can't see any pink meat and put to one side.

5. Add a little more olive oil to your pan and pop in your garlic......



6. And mushrooms. Stir for a minute and then add your white wine.



7. Next add 250ml of chicken stock and your creme fraiche.


8. Give it a stir and add your chicken breast back in with most of the chopped parsley.


9. Let it gently simmer for 10 minutes. If you think it needs more stock, add more until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.


10. Eat!!!



Hope you like it! x

No comments:

Post a Comment