Wednesday 6 August 2014

Life | Five Weeks to Bridesmaid - Week Three, Monday

Sunshine makes everything seem brighter and happier, and a sunny Monday morning is a much more bearable way to the start the week!

07.00 am - I had some Homemade Granola, with Unsweetened Almond Milk, Blueberries and Raspberries outside in the garden.




11.00 am - Snack Time, I had an Apple Strudel Ernie Bar and a cup of Green Tea.

2.30 pm - I made a Greek Inspired Salad. I had Spinach, Yellow Pepper, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Quinoa and Feta Cheese. It was dressed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar and a little sprinkle of Dried Oregano. Sooo good!



5.00 pm - I fancied a snack so had an Apple with a few slices of Mature Cheddar Cheese.




8.15 pm - My brother Rich (who totally missed his calling as a Gourmet Chef), invited us round for dinner. Which turned about to be a 3-Course affair washed down with a few glasses of crisp, cold Rosé.

We started with fresh Gazpacho.



And then moved on to this Ottolenghi Saffron and Herb Chicken Salad, which was delicious.





And then finished off with a few slices of Gorgonzola served with a drizzle of locally produced honey.

I'm not even a massive fan of Blue Cheese but this combination was perfection! I may have to steal this idea for the next dinner party (post Bridesmaid Challenge of course)!!



No comments:

Post a Comment