Tuesday 9 April 2013

Review | Benefit x 3

I've gone on a bit of a make-up overhaul lately..... I just felt a bit bored by the products that I had been using for years and was ready to try some new stuff.

I went on a spending spree at a recent airport visit (because when it's Duty Free it feels so much cheaper than it really is!) and I've been using all of these benefit products for a couple of weeks now so thought I'd do a little review.

First up we have bella bamba, which is a blush that gives your cheeks the most serious "pop" of pink, I love it but through trial and error have learnt that this really is just an "apple" of your cheeks blush, put too much on and you can end up looking over-done pretty damn quick.

Next, I bought the PORE-fessional primer. I've never used a primer before but as someone with an oily T-zone it's probably not a bad idea, and it is AMAZING!! Seriously, 10 out of 10 benefit. It's really easy to apply and leaves your skin feeling so soft, smooth and velvety. I can't imagine life before this product now......ok, enough of the love story, but seriously if you're in any doubt, don't be - just buy it.

Lastly, we have hello flawless oxygen wow!. I've used Clinique Anti-Blemish foundation for years now and felt that lately it was giving me more coverage than I wanted/needed e.g. it felt like too much product on my skin. Foundation purchases can be pretty stressful because you're parting with £20 - £30 in most non-drugstore cases with no guarantee that you're skin is going to like the product once you've walked out of the store. Luckily, this time that fear was unfounded - I really like this foundation! It goes on evenly and easily with finger-tips or a brush and sinks into your skin rather than just sitting on-top and leaves your skin looking, fresh and dewy. I also really like the SPF 25 protection and it's oil-free which is perfect. My one complaint? benefit don't have a shade that matches my skin-tone! I bought Ivory because it was the closest but tried Champagne (too yellowy) and Honey (too dark), but even after a couple of days in the sun this weekend Ivory now feels slightly too light....think I'm going to have to buy Honey as well and do my own custom blend.

I paid just under £60 for all of these products at the airport so when I look at the prices on the benefit website now I actually did get a pretty big saving.

NOTE: benefit have no idea who I am, the opinions expressed above are my own.

(bella bamba £23.50, the POREfessional £24.50, hello flawless oxygen wow! £25.50)

No comments:

Post a Comment